In accordance with the requirements of the Laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan «On Education», «On the National Training Program» and Presidential Decree No. PP-2909 of April 20, 2017 «On Measures for the Further Development of the Higher Education System», the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan 18 July 2017, adopted Decree No. 515 “On the establishment of the State Inspection on the Supervision of the Quality in Education under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan” in order to implement the state policy to improve the quality of education in accordance with s reforms carried out in the socio-economic sphere, as well as to further improve the control over the quality of education in the system of continuous education, and monitoring of training quality and objective evaluation of the effectiveness of the educational process.
In compliance with paragraph 14 of this decree, a department for monitoring the quality of education was created in the structure of the Tashkent State Technical University named after Islam Karimov in the amount of 3 units (head of department, and 2 units — chief specialist) appointed to the position and dismissed from office by agreement with the head State Inspection. The department is entrusted with the task of studying the compliance of students’ knowledge with state educational standards for monitoring the quality of training, as well as organizing internal attestation of the university and providing the rector of the university and the State inspection of the results of internal attestation, information about the factors affecting the quality of education.
The department of quality control of education is directly subordinate to the ector of the university.
The main tasks and functions of the department:
The main tasks of the department:
- analysis of the level of support for areas of study in specialties, curricula and work programs that meet the requirements of the state educational standard and advanced training;
- study of the quality of the educational process, as well as the level of provision of educational literature and teaching materials;
- determination of the compliance of knowledge and skills of students with the state standard of education;
- ensuring the implementation of legal documents aimed at improving the quality of education;
- monitoring the quality of training;
- organization of internal certification, to determine the principles that adversely affect the quality of training; provide information to the rector of the university, as well as to the state inspection;
- establishing control over the process of timely response to the identified deficiencies in cases of certification and testing the quality of training;
- drawing up proposals to the corresponding composite structure based on the results of monitoring indicators determining the quality of training, as well as on the problems and shortcomings identified by it;
- analyze the effectiveness of the use of modern methods and styles of teaching the faculty in the period of advanced training of teachers, professors;
- to consider the compliance of the basic information of teachers-professors in the appropriate subject or to study their additional processing, as well as to analyze the scientific title, scientific degree by the level of their specialization. In the end, to report the findings to the rector of the university;
- monitoring the implementation of educational process plans, research and scientifically-methodical work;
- verification of the material and technical base of the educational process, to give recommendations on its development and improvement;
- control the direction of study, its organization and results, taking into account the level of internship of students;
- according to the order of the state inspectorate, to participate in the processes that are associated with the collection of information on determining and evaluating the university’s rating, as well as in cases when the stage of researching the attestation and identifying the quality of education takes place;
- evaluate the objectivity and transparency of rating points, as well as their degree of quality by analyzing students’ knowledge. Responsible for this department and other miscellaneous tasks.