Head of Research:
Muhiddinov Zayniddin Nasirovich
Tel: +998 71 246-92-35
Reception hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday (15:00 – 17:00)
The research activity of the Tashkent State Technical University named after IslamKarimov (hereinafter referred to as the University) is an integral part of its main activity, which is the training of highly qualified specialists. The research part was established to coordinate the research work carried out at the University, the introduction of scientific and technical products and services.
The research part was established in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated May 2, 2016 No PP-2524 “On measures to further improve the activities of the Tashkent State Technical University” and July 27, 2017 No PP-3153. It is part of the University as a coordinating body for research work in the departments of the University, research laboratories, scientific and technical complexes and research centers.
The research part carries out the activity on the basis of rules of self-financing and according to the current legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the present Provision. The research unit operates as a non-legal entity, using the University’s coat of arms, having its own separate account, while retaining other characteristics specific to the business entity. The part of scientific research can come out on initiative and join any association, joint stock companies, establish scientific laboratories and small innovative enterprises on behalf of the University.
The research department is the only scientific unit of the University as a generalizer of research work in research centers, scientific and technical complexes, research laboratories, research groups and departments.
The main tasks of the Scientific Research Department are:
• make proposals for the creation of the necessary economic, social and industrial conditions for the full and effective use and further development of the existing scientific potential of the university staff, scientific departments and individual staff;
• coordination of the implementation of fundamental, applied, innovative, startup and other projects to be carried out in accordance with the requirements of the state order for research work in the framework of state programs of scientific activity in accordance with the priorities of science and technology;
• carrying out practical research aimed at fulfilling scientific and technological tasks in the development of sectors of the economy, as well as assisting in creating the necessary conditions for the testing and introduction of foreign advanced technologies;
• improving the scientific and technical efficiency of research, for this purpose by actively applying the results of research in the educational process and improving the quality of training through the involvement of undergraduates and students, the establishment of scientific schools and highly qualified scientific teams. shaping;
• assistance in the development of the technical and production base of the University, raising the level of qualifications and professional skills of researchers;
• development of promising forms of scientific and technical cooperation between higher education institutions and research institutes in order to jointly solve major scientific and technical problems and widely introduce into production the developments created in higher education institutions;
• expanding international scientific and technical cooperation with foreign universities and research centers.
The main activities of the research department are:
• coordination and methodological support of research work carried out by professors and teachers of the department in the afternoon, as well as ensuring the interaction of scientific departments;
• participation of professors and teachers in competitions on fundamental, applied, innovative and other projects to be carried out on the basis of the requirements of the state order for research work in the framework of state programs of scientific activity in the priority areas of science and technology ‘minlash;
• organization of the implementation of announced fundamental, practical, innovative and other projects in the priority areas of science and technology development;
• monitoring the results of research work carried out by research laboratories, groups, research and production complexes on fundamental, practical, innovative and other projects;
• full use of the scientific and technical potential of the University staff in order to fully and effectively carry out research work;
• organization of business trips of scientists to production enterprises and other organizations, higher education institutions and research institutes;
• improving the scientific and technical level of research and the quality of training through the active use of research results in the educational process and the involvement of doctoral students, masters and students in the implementation of fundamental, applied, innovative and other projects. collusion, formation of scientific schools and highly qualified scientific communities;
• organization and holding of seminars, conferences, symposiums on the results of fundamental, practical, innovative and other projects, preparation of reports on scientific work, as well as marketing and advertising on the results of research work of University scientists;
• monitoring the activities of research laboratories, research centers and scientific and technical complexes at the University;
• development of technical and production bases of scientific laboratories, ensuring the growth of qualifications and professional skills of staff in the scientific departments of the University;
• organization of the work of the Scientific and Technical Council of the University, as well as coordination of the activities of the Scientific and Technical Councils of the faculties;
• rendering scientific, technical, informational, normative-legal and consulting services to the teaching staff, researchers, young scientists, masters, gifted students of the University in the implementation of scientific activities;
• methodological assistance to professors, researchers and young scientists of the University in the preparation of monographs and scientific articles on the results of research, catalogs and booklets for new developments;
• coordination and preparation for publication of scientific and technical journals published at the University;
• involvement of leading specialists of other higher education institutions, research institutes in the field of research in the field of research. Organizing the preparation of research projects in collaboration with scientists and specialists of other higher education institutions;
• ensuring the legality, contractuality, planning, financial discipline and quality of research work;
• ensuring the timely and accurate presentation of information about the scientific activities of the University in accordance with the requirements of higher organizations.
Priorities of university research activities
In the scientific center and scientific laboratories of the University, professors, researchers, young scientists and talented students conduct research in the following priority areas that contribute to the scientific and technological development of the republic:
•creation and development of technical devices and energy and resource-saving technologies and alternative energy sources that ensure the efficient use of fuel and energy resources;
•Identification of new types of minerals, modern methods of geological study and industrial development, the effectiveness of research aimed at the introduction of innovative and digital technologies;
•creation of high-tech methods of exploration, extraction, processing and rational use of mineral resources and effective technologies that require intellectual labor in the industry of the country;
•improving the system of efficient use of mineral resources, rational and efficient use of oil and gas fields, creation of innovative technologies for quality connection and strengthening of main pipelines;
•development of modern information systems, intelligent management and training tools, databases and software products that ensure the widespread development and introduction of information and telecommunications technologies;
•development of new progressive (mini-, micro-, nano-) technologies in the field of materials science, technology of construction materials and mechanical engineering;
•conducting foresight research in the field of biotechnology and setting priorities, processing of agricultural products, development and design of new advanced technologies;
•protection of the environment and environmental safety. Development of technologies for obtaining resource-saving materials by recycling industrial waste.