DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL PHYSICS
Head of department
Gaibov Abdumalik Gaybullayevich
Phone:+998 71 246-80-01
Days and hours of admission:
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. From 14-00 to 16-00.
History of the department:
Since the founding of the Central Asian Cotton Irrigation Polytechnic Institute in 1929, the Department of General Physics was firstly established. The scientific and pedagogical activity of the department was headed by professor N.I.Yaroslavsev in the fifties of the last century. Later the following scientists were guided to the department:
In the department “General Physics” has been working as a correspondent member of UzSA in various years, Sci.Dr., prof. Abdujabbor Abdurazzokovich Abdurazzoqov, Sci.Dr., prof. Abduvohid Khusanovich Kasymov, Sci.Dr., prof. Omil Ismoilovich Ahmadjonov, Ph.D., prof. Muhammadjon Gafurovich Sattorov, Ph.D., associate professor Zikirilla Sharipovich Sharipov, Ph.D., associate professor Dilshod Miromilovich Mirkomilov, Ph.D. associate professor Saidrabor Sulkhodkhojaevich No’monxujayev was the leader. In 1991 Tashkent Polytechnical Institute and Tashkent Machine-Building Institute were united into Tashkent State Technical University, Tashkent Chemical Technological Institute and Tashkent Architectural Construction Institute. Head of the Department of General and Theoretical Physics, Sci.Dr., professor A.X.Qosimov, the head of the department “Experimental physics”, Ph.D., associate professor Sh.M. Kamolkhodjaev, the head of the department “General physics”, Sci.Dr., professor O.I.Ahmadjonov headed the department at the Tashkent State Technical University. In 1997, the departments “Experimental Physics” and “General Physics” were combined and transformed into the Department of “General Physics”, and the department was headed by Ph.D. associate professor Sh.M. Kamolkhodjaev has been headed until 2011.In 2011-2016 was headed professor D.B.Yusupov. From 2016 up to now associate professor A.G.Gaibov is the head of the department. In particular, in 1940, in the department of “General Physics” there were 5 teachers, and the increase the number of students and the number of educational directions nowadays more than 30 teachers conduct scientific and scientific-pedagogical activity. Of them, 5 doctors of sciences – professors Sh.M. Kamolxujayev, B.E.Umirzakov, A.Risbaev, T.S.Komilov and S.Nasriddinov, 14 philosophy doctors – associate professors; A.G.Gaibov (head of the department), O.Ximmatkulov, B.Z.Sharipov, M.Sh.Isaev, M.M.Mirkomilova, Sh.I Askarov, A.M.Kholbaev, M.Usmonov, R.F. Fayzullaev, A.A.Abduvayitov, A.A.Uzokov, Ab.A.Eshkulov, V.Xolmuhammedova, M.Mirbabaev, 8 senior teachers; Sh.A.Talipova, K.I.Vahobov, A.S.Eshkulov, B.V.Ibragimova, D.Shukurova, Sh.K. Solieva, H.H.Boltaev, J.B.Khujaniozov, 5 assistants; U.Jurayev, D.Shomuxammedova, Z.R.Saidakhmedova, Y.Raximova, D.Rasulova. The educational laboratories of the department are organized in each faculty, taking into account the convenience of teachers and students. Teaching-methodical manuals for laboratory works in the educational laboratories by the teachers of the department are prepared in Uzbek and Russian languages. The electronic versions of the scientifically-methodical manuals are presented to the university information resource center, which is placed at the university’s sites. Establishment of methodological manuals for new laboratory labs brought from Germany in 2017 is planned for 2017-2018 academic year.
Scientifically-methodical manuals published by teachers of the department
As.A.Eshkulov introduces new laboratories to students
The department conducts research and scientific-methodical work on the following four directions.
1 st direction. Development of a synthesis technology for heteroepitaxial nanoscale structures in the near-surface region of single-crystal silicon and gallium arsenide for micro- and optoelectronics devices, including solar energy. (Scientific supervisor Sci.Dr., professor B.E.Umirzokov)
2 nd direction. Studying structure and physical properties of silicitous films of nanolorous metals and formation of thermosetting structures. (Scientific supervisor Sci.Dr., professor A.S.Risbaev).
3 rd direction.Conducting research on the problems of teaching methods of physics. Problems of continuity of teaching in fundamental and technical sciences in higher educational institutions. (Scientific supervisor, Sci.Dr., professor Kamolhodjaev Sh. M.).
4 th direction. “Study of electrical, optical and photoelectric properties of impurity conductivity.” (Scientific supervisor, PhD., associate professor Sh.I.Asqarov).As a result of these four scientific works 2 doctoral and 10 candidate dissertations were defended. The results of the scientific work were put into production. 3 monographs, more than 250 scientific articles and 12 copyright certificates are received. Most of these things have been done in collaboration with Russia, Italy, Korea, Germany, Poland, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria and Canada.
Prof. D.U.Usupov’s invitation was made by the professor of the University of Rome G.Assanto who visited Uzbekistan and organized a video seminar for the scientists of the Republic of Uzbekistan in the small meeting hall of TSTU (June 11, 2012). The following picture illustrates a group of participants in this video workshop
From left to right: prof.H.Galimzyanov (FTI FAN), prof. A.Abdumalikov (NUU), Ph.D. U.Sapaev, prof.G.Assanto (University of Rome), prof. D.B.Yusupov (TSTU), Ph.D. E.Tsoy (FTI FAN) and doc. D.V.Bistrov (International Department of TSTU).
The following scientific projects are being implemented at the department:
- OT-A3-56 «Thermoelectric transformation of infrared light on the basis of high manganese citric acid and creation of precursors that keep the heat radiation ineffective». Scientific supervisor: prof. Kamilov T.
- F-2-53 A3V5 and A2V6 quantum-sized effects and electronic properties of nanoscale systems produced on the surface and substrate areas of films. Scientific supervisor: prof. Umrzakov B.
- A-4-7 Development of a synthesis technology for heteroepitaxial nanoscale structures in the near-surface region of single-crystal silicon and gallium arsenide for micro- and optoelectronics devices, including solar energy. Scientific supervisor: prof. Umrzakov B.
- The results of the analysis of scientific works carried out on this grand basis are published in foreign and local journals, as well as international and local conferences. Scientific results published generalized monographs.
Scientific-methodical manuals and textbooks are regularly published at the department.
The department has established scientific cooperation with the Institute of Physics and Technology of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Institute of Physics of the Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan, the Samarkand State University, the Andijan State University, the Foton Open Society, the Ferghana Polytechnic Institute, the Russian Academy of Sciences the Academy of Sciences of Radio and Electronics, Kazakhstan Institute of Nuclear Physics, Moscow State University, St. Petersburg Polytechnic University.The department has developed practical measures to improve the qualification of teachers and researchers in foreign educational and scientific institutions, as well as organize internships for PhD students.
Professors and teachers of the department (academic degree):
- Gaibov A.G. Head of Department, – associate professor, PhD.
- Kamolxodjaev Sh.M. – professor, Sci.Dr.
- Umirzokov B.E. – professor, Sci.Dr.
- Risbaev A.S. – professor, Sci.Dr.
- Ximmatkulov O. – associate professor, PhD.
- Sharipov B.Z. – associate professor, PhD.
- Isaev M.Sh. – associate professor, PhD.
- Mirkamilova M.S. – associate professor, PhD.
- Askarov Sh.I. – associate professor, PhD.
- Abduvoyitov A.A. – associate professor, PhD.
- Uzokov A.A. associate professor, PhD.
- Eshkulov Abdug’ani A. – associate professor, PhD.
- Xolmuxammedova V. – associate professor, PhD.
- Eshkulov Asatullo A. – senior teacher.
- Vaxobov K.I. – senior teacher.
- Talipova Sh.A. – senior teacher.
- Ibragimova B.V. – senior teacher.
- Shukurova D.M. – senior teacher.
- Solieva Sh.K. – senior teacher.
- Boltaev X.X. – senior teacher.
- Shomuxammedova D.S. – assistant.
- Juraev U.E. – Senior teacher.
- Saidaxmedova Z.R. – Senior teacher.
- Raximova Ya.M. – Senior teacher.
- Rasulova D.T. – Senior teacher
Research work carried on the Department:
The department conducts research and scientific-methodical work on the following four directions.
1 st direction.A-4-7 Development of a synthesis technology for heteroepitaxial nanoscale structures in the near-surface region of single-crystal silicon and gallium arsenide for micro- and optoelectronics devices, including solar energy. (Scientific supervisor prof. B.E.Umirzokov)
2 nd direction.F-2-53 “Quantum-scale effects and electronic properties of double-layer nanosystems on the surfaces and substrates of A3B5 and A2B6 films”. (Scientific supervisor prof. B.E.Umirzokov)
3 rd direction.OT-A3-56 «Thermoelectric transformation of infrared light on the basis of high manganese citric acid and creation of prerequisites not registering heat radiation ineffective». (T.Komilov, professor)
4 th direction.Conducting research on the problems of teaching methods of physics. Problems of continuity of teaching in fundamental and technical sciences in higher educational institutions (scientific supervisor, Doctor of science, professor Kamolhodjaev Sh. M.)
Scientific-methodical work of the department:
Teaching staff of the department is prepared and printed textbooks, tutorials, lectures, educational- methodical guidelines at the experimental and practical works, manuals and test questions for the current control (CC), intermediate control (IC) and final control (FC) steps on the subject “General Physics”.New information and pedagogical technologies are being introduced in the teaching process, and computers are being used. The modern pedagogical factors of “Interactive”, “Thoughts Attack”, “Sectors”, “Cluster” methods are introduced by the faculty in the educational process. Further improvement of the material-technical base of the department, application of scientific achievements in practical, experimental and lectures is one of the urgent tasks. The gifted students are involved in scientific work, they participate in scientific conferences and present scientific results in the Republican scientific journals. In 2013, the department received 12 modern computers. These compilers are equipped with a variety of test materials to test students’ knowledge. At the same time, each computer has a virtual lab program for all departments of physics.For the last few years teachers of the department published several monographs, textbooks and manuals, methodical instructions for practical and experimental studies and more than 100 scientific articles. Electronic versions of many sources, textbooks, manuals have been included in “Ziyonet” site.In accordance with the requirements of the updated State educational standards, typical curricula on the subject “General Physics”, which is taught at the department, have been prepared and variants of test control are developed.
- Komilov T.S., Klechkovskaya V.V., Sharipov B.Z. Electrical and photothermoelectric properties of heterophase structures based on silicon and manganese silicides. 2014. TSTU.
- Z.A.Isakhanov, B.E. Umirzokov. Orientational effects in the spectroscopy of scattering and transmission of electrons and ions through thin crystals. Tashkent. 2014
- Umirzokov B.E., Parmankulov I.R., Tashmukhammedova D.A. Encyclopedic Russian-Uzbek dictionary of non-technologies. Tashkent. 2015.
- Khairiddinov Kholmirzayev, Halimov, Risbaev A., Ergashev S. Use of alternative energy sources. Tashkent. 2017.
- Kamilov T.S., Ibragimova B.V., Ernst I.V. Some problems in the theory of space-charge-limited currents arising in the heterostructures BCM-Si – HMS and HMS-Si – M. Tashkent. 2018.
- Bekpulatov I.R., Rysbaev A.S., Allakulov P.E., Khayridinov B.E., Khuzhaniyazov Zh.B. “Structure and physical properties of nanoscale films of metal silicides”. Tashkent. 2018.
- A.A. Eshkulov. Physics of the Methods of teaching synergetics in physics course. Tashkent. 2018.
- O.Khimmatkulov, A.A. Eshkulov. Methodical instructions to laboratory work on discipline “Physics”. Part 2. Tashkent-2016, TSTU. p.80.
- Sh.M. Kamolkhodjaev, A.G.Gaibov, A.A.Uzokov. Laboratory works from physics. (electricity, magnetism and optics). Methodical guide. Section 2. Tashkent-2016, TSTU. p.80.
- M.Mirbabaev. Questions of the organization of the calculation and graphic works of the students. Methodical guide. Tashkent-2015, TSTU.
- B.Z.Sharipov. Problems of students’ calculation of graphic works. Educational and methodical manual. Uzbek derivative graphics. Tashkent-2015, ТSTU.
Associate professors of the department A.G.Gaibov and O.Xnarmkulov prepared a textbook on “Physics” on the print label of MHSE of Republic of Uzbekistan 2018. This publication was published in 2018.
Laboratory rooms at the department (with photos):
There are 8 teaching laboratory rooms in the department. Laboratory equipment is in operation. There are electronic and paper variants of lecture texts on the subject “General Physics”, prepared by teachers of the chair. The electronic version is also included in the “Ziyonet” network
Head of the chair, associate professor A.G.Gaibov, associate professor M.Sh.Isaev, Vakhabov Q.I. and senior teacher As.A.Eshkulov introduces new laboratories to students
Department address:Tashkent city, Almazar District, Universitetskaya Street, house 2