DEPARTMENT OF OIL AND GAS MINES’ GEOLOGY
Head of the department:
Zakirov Ravshan Tulkunovich
Candidate of geological and mineralogical Sciences, associate Professor
Phone number: +998 90 946-47-27
History of the department:
The Department of Geology and exploration of oil and gas fields was opened in 1963 on the basis of the Department of Methods of prospecting and exploration of mineral deposits. The new Department was headed by Professor O. A. Ryzhkov.
Subsequently the Department was headed: in 1967-1970 academician O. M. Akramhodzha; in 1970-1971, Professor M. S. Saidaliev; in 1972-1977 and 1986 to 1996. Professor Z. S. Ibragimov, 1977-1986 associate Professor E. M. Ametov, 1996-2010. “honored inventor”, academician of the Academy of Turon associate Professor I. Halimatou, 2010-2015 laureate of the Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan, was awarded the medal “Shukhrat”, worked for along time, first Deputy Chairman of the Board NHC “Uzbekneftegaz” of the Republic of Uzbekistan, head of development of some state programs for oil and gas D. g-M. n. Professor A. Abidov.
Since September 2018, the Department has been headed by Ph. D., associate Professor R. T. Zakirov.
Since the opening of the Department, 1000 specialists have been trained. Among them there are 10 doctors of Sciences, more than 70 candidates of Sciences, 2 laureates of the state prize (Z. S. Ibrahimov, N. H.Alimukhamedov), 4 academicians of the Academy of Sciences of Uzbekistan and a number of heads of state institutions.
So far, with the participation of graduates of the Department have been opened more than 100 oil and gas fields. Young graduates of the Department working in various positions in JSC “Uzbekneftegas”, “Uzgeoburneftegaz”, “IGIRNIGM”, “Uztransgaz”, “uzbekgeofizika”, “Uzlitineftegaz”, “uzneftegazdobycha”, geophysical expeditions (Fergana, Bukhara, Akkaba, Ustyurt) and drilling companies (Alat, Pregister, g’uzor, Fergana, Surkhon) contribute to prospecting and exploration of oil field and gas, calculation of the Deposit reserves, determining the further direction of exploration and other.
Also, graduates of the Department working in oil and gas companies in a number of countries (China, Germany, Suria, Yemen, Iraq, Zhazoir, Cuba, Afghanistan, etc.) made a great contribution to the search, exploration and development of new hydrocarbon fields. Nowadays, young graduates work in a number of foreign companies and joint enterprises, such as LUKOIL, Gazprom (Russia), “CNPC” (China), “CNOC” South Korea), PETRONAS (Malaysia), “ERIELL” (Czech Republic), etc.
After the independence of the Republic, the teaching staff of the Department published more than 20 monographs, 70 textbooks, about 100 educational manuals, more than 1000 articles. Receiving more than 40 certificates of authorship and patents.
Training of specialists at the Department is based on the integration of science and industry in the field of modern technology. Training of masters in the specialty is carried out on modern software, such as Petrel, Geo Solver, Geopoisk, Texlog, Interactive Petrofiziks, NEXUS, tNavigator. Theoretical and practical training of the students on some subjects are performed on laboratory bases of branch institutes and enterprises of JS “Uzbekneftegas”, in the branches of the Department (AO IGIRNIGM and AO uzbekgeofizika).
The scientific potential of the Department is quite high, the Department employs (with part-time) 4 doctors, 6 candidates of Sciences, 1 doctoral student, as well as talented students – masters and bachelors.
Total number of students: 159
- PRODUCTION TECHNICAL FIELD
- Production technology
Direction of magistracy:
- PRODUCTION TECHNICAL FIELD
- Production technology
The direction of the bachelor’s degree:
- 5311700-Geology, prospecting and exploration of mineral deposits (by types of deposits: oil and gas).
- 5311900-Development and operation of oil and gas fields.
- 5312000-Design, construction and operation of facilities of Gas and oil processing industry.
- 5321400-Technology of petrochemical industry.
Specialties of the Master’s Degree:
- 5311702-Oil and gas fields geology.
- 5311709-Search and exploration of oil and gas fields.
- 5311901-Development and operation of oil and gas fields.
- 5312001-Construction and operation of oil and gas pipelines, bases and storage facilities.
- 5320309-Oil and gas industry machinery and equipment.
6. 5321401-Chemical and petrochemical technologies.
Teaching staff of the department:
- Zakirov Ravshan Tulkunovich, candidate of geological and mineralogical Sciences, associate Professor, a chief of the Department.
- Halimatou Pirmuhammad, candidate of geological-mineralogical Sciences, associate Professor.
- Abdullayev Gaibulla Saifullaevich, doctor of geological and mineralogical Sciences, Professor.
- Akramov, Bosello Shapievich, candidate of technical Sciences, Professor
- Agzamov AVAZ Hamidullaevich, doctor of technical Sciences, Professor
- Zakirov Azamjon Alimjanovich, doctor of technical Sciences, Professor
- Bozorov Grabek Tranovich, PhD candidate, associate Professor
- Tillashaykh Mukhitdin, candidate of technical Sciences, associate Professor
- Khabibullaev Saidaziz Shahsuvorovich, PhD candidate, associate Professor
- Narmatov Behzot Rakhmatullayevich, Texas A&M University, master of engineering
- Abdurakhmonov Behzod Abdurasul Ugli, senior lecturer
- Farmanov Uktam Baltaevich, assistant
Scientific works conducted at the department:
At the Department scientific research work has been carried out in the following areas:
- search and exploration of oil and gas fields in Jurassic and Paleozoic deposits of the Republic of Uzbekistan
- development of methods of operation of gas condensate deposits contained in low-permeable carbonate reservoirs;
- assessment of prospects of oil and gas potential of Paleogene, Cretaceous and Jurassic deposits of Surkhandarya oil and gas region of the Republic of Uzbekistan for science-based forecasting of further direction of geological exploration in this region;
- assessment of the oil and gas potential of the pre-Jurassic sediments of the Ustyurt oil and gas region for scientifically based forecasting of the future direction of work in this oil and gas complex;
- calculation and recalculation of gas, condensate and oil reserves in the fields of Uzbekistan;
- scientific justification and design of geological exploration on new properties and penetrated into deep drilling;
- scientific justification of the direction of further work on the objects of exploratory drilling, which obtained (as a result of deep drilling) negative results.
Of the scientific work done, the most important results include the following:
1.A scientifically based method of operation of gas-bearing formations represented by low-permeable carbonate rocks is developed.
- Prospects of oil and gas potential of the pre-Jurassic complex of rocks of Ustyurt NGR are estimated.
3. On the basis of scientific analysis of geological and geophysical information, the refined geological models of one gas condensate and two oil fields were constructed, the parameters of productive layers were clarified and the calculation (recalculation) of gas and oil reserves was performed. At the same time, the increase in liquid gas reserves (condensate+oil) in the amount of 15% is provided.
Scientific and methodical works conducted at the department:
Preparation and publication of textbooks, lecture texts, educational and methodical instructions, test tasks for control in all subjects.
New pedagogical technologies are introduced in the educational process. The teaching staff of the Department in the educational process introduced such modern teaching tools as» brainstorming»,» cluster method » and others.
Updating the material and technical base of the Department, the introduction of scientific achievements in lectures and seminars are urgent tasks solved by members of the Department. The results of research conducted with gifted students are published in scientific collections and materials of scientific conferences of national and interuniversity and international scale.
Thus, the 1st year master U. Khamroev by the invitation of the authority of the Russian University of oil and gas named after I. M. Gubkin (in Moscow) participated in the scientific and technical conference from 28 to 30,November and was awarded a diploma of I-degree.
In recent years, the teaching staff of the Department published a number of monographs, textbooks and teaching syllabus, guidelines for practical training.
- Holismatov I., Nurmatov M. R., and other Prospects of oil and gas potential of Paleozoic deposits in the South of the Fergana region in the light of new geological and geophysical data. Tashkent, Fan VA tekhnologiyalar 2018.
- Nurmatov M. R., Holismatov I. et al. Prospects of long-term development of oil and gas fields in the South of the Fergana region in the light of new seismic data and drilling. Tashkent, Fan VA tekhnologiyalar 2018.
- A. A. Abidov VA basilar. Neft VA GAZ geologising Amali thanasi. Toshkent, Navruz, 2013
- A. A. Abidov. Modern fundamentals of forecasting and searching for oil and gas accumulations. Tashkent. Phan. 2010.
- A. A. Abidov. The Genesis of oil and gas and methods of searching for their sites. Tashkent. Phan. 2010.
6. A. A. Abidov. Tung oil gas odulleri VA VA Equatoriale . Toshkent Shark 2009.
- Holismatov I., Mahmudov N. N., Neft VA GAZ, sehirlerinin hisoblash. Tashkent, Fan VA tekhnologiyalar 2018
- I. Holismatov, R. Zakirov and N. Mahmudov. Oil and gas complexes: lithology and natural reservoirs (part:natural reservoirs). Tashkent, Fan VA tekhnologiyalar 2015
- I. Holismatov, R. Zakirov and N. Mahmudov. Nephthali, complexes: lithology VA tabiei, salaiola (tabii salaices ismi). Tashkent, Fan VA tekhnologiyalar 2015
- Abidov A. A. and others EP, fizikasi. Tashkent, Fan VA tekhnologiyalar 2014
- I. Holismatov etc. Oil VA gas conlara of hidrogeologice. Tashkent, Fan VA tekhnologiyalar 2014
- A. Abidov, I. Holismatou etc. Oil VA gas tblanchin Islas VA razvedochnyh metodlari. Tashkent. TSTU. 2012.
- I. Holismatou, I. Burlutskaya etc. Design exploration and drilling for oil and gas. Tashkent, Fan VA tekhnologiyalar 2011
- I. Irgashev, I. Holismatou etc. Oil VA gas conlara of geologies. Tashkent. Shark. 2008.
- A. A. Abidov, etc. Oil gas of VA geologise. Tashkent. TSTU. 2005.
10. I. Holismatov, O. hayitov etc. Oil gas of VA VA geologise geotimes. Tashkent. TSTU. 2003
Texts of lectures:
There are electronic and paper versions of the texts of lectures prepared for all courses of special subjects. Electronic versions are included in the portal Ziyonet
A brief summary of the training and laboratory rooms:
There are scientific and educational laboratories, a computer class. At the department there is a library and an exhibition of scientific and educational developments.